What is Ionamin?
Ionamin is an appetite suppressant that works by ‘tricking” the body into thinking it is not hungry. It belongs to a class of drugs known as “sympathomimetic amines“. Ionamin controls specific chemicals in the brain which signal the body’s “messaging system” within the central nervous system, telling the body that it is satisfied and full. Ionamin is used short-term to reduce obesity and is used in conjunction with combined with a regimen of exercise, a healthy diet, and behavior/lifestyle changes relevant to weight loss and maintenance.
How is Ionamin used?
Ionamin should be used only as directed by and under the guidance of a physician. Ionamin is generally taken in the morning 1 hour before breakfast or 1-2 hours after breakfast, at least 10 to 14 hours before bedtime unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
Ionamin is not to be crushed, chewed, or otherwise broken before ingesting. The tablet is to be swallowed whole.
If a dose is missed it should be taken as soon as possible after the missed dose; however, if it is after 12:00 p.m. then it is necessary to skip that dose and resume your regular schedule. Never take a double dose to try to compensate for a missed dose.
Individual dosage of Ionamin is determined by overall health, any existing medical conditions, and the patient’s response to the regimen of weight-loss therapy over time.
Possible Side Effects of Ionamin Use
As with any medication, there is the risk of experiencing some side effects when using Ionamin. The most common of these include, but are not limited to:
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeplessness
- Dry mouth
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Exaggerated sense of well-being
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Upset stomach
These side effects are generally minor and normally disappear after a short period of time. Contact your doctor if they are particularly bothersome or if they last for an extended period of time after beginning your Ionamin regimen.
Contact your doctor right away if any of these more serious side effects occur:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the mouth, lips, tongue or face
- Tightness in the chest
- Change in sex drive or decreased sexual ability/stamina
- Quickened or irregular heartbeat
- Bizarre or unusual behavior
- Mood swings
- Mental disorientation or confusion
- Swelling of the feet or legs
- Shortness of breath
Safety Information When Taking Ionamin
- Avoid alcohol or alcoholic beverages while taking Ionamin.
- Elderly users should be especially cautious when taking Ionamin as they can experience a greater sensitivity to it’s effects.
- DO NOT exceed the recommended dosage or take Ionamin longer than the period of time instructed by your doctor. Doing so may significantly increase the risk of serious side effects.
- Ionamin may cause dizziness. Th effect can be a great deal more severe with alcohol use, or if Ionamin is taken along with certain other medications. Make sure you speak with your doctor regarding possible drug interactions before taking Ionamin or any new medication.
- Use caution when taking Ionamin. Until you know how it is going to affect you, do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you find you have trouble exercising after taking Ionamin.
- Due to the fact that testing has not confirmed it’s safety and/or effectiveness in this specific age group, Ionamin should not be used by children under the age of 16.
- Since Ionamin may potentially affect blood sugar, diabetes patients should closely monitor their blood sugar levels while using it.
- Since there is a risk of developing a dependence to Ionamin, it is extremely important to remember that it is intended for short-term use ONLY. Those who discontinue use after a prolonged period of using Ionamin are at risk of suffering withdrawal symptoms. Consult your doctor when you are ready to discontinue Ionamin use so that you can be guided through a safe, gradual decrease of dosage. Addictive tendencies with Ionamin are rare, but they have been reported, especially in cases where more of the medication was taken than was instructed.
Ionamin is proven to be effective in helping reduce obesity in severely overweight people when taken as instructed and in conjunction with healthy diet, exercise and effective behavior modification and lifestyle changes which will work to promote both weight loss and good health. With proper use and by following the regimen outlined by your health care professional, Ionamin is safe for use and can be highly effective in promoting weight loss.